Development of Shell ECC Project at Pulau Ular
Pulau Ular Refinery Complex is constructed in a recent reclaimed island adjacent to the existing Pulau Bukom Shell Refinery. It is originally a small offshore island and with earthwork grading and reclamation, Shell Eastern Petroleum Pte. Ltd. has incorporated the island to be the new expansion of Shell ECC Project which comprises of several Double-Walled Fuel Oil Tanks, various refining facilities, a new Jetty, etc. and with this new development, Shell Refinery Complex in Pulau Ular & Pulau Bukom is the largest refinery complex in the region.
Kiso-Jiban Consultants Co. Ltd.'s role started from the reclamation stage and working with the Reclamation Contractors, M/s Penta-Ocean Construction Co. Ltd. Subsequently, KJ was engaged by the Owner, Shell Eastern Petroleum Pte. Ltd. for this fast-track refinery development project to conduct various Geotechnical Engineering Services which include,
- Land and Marine Soil Investigation Works
- Geotechnical & Foundation Engineering Consultancy Works
- Geotechnical Instrumentation and Monitoring Works
- Reclaimed Sand Fill Quality Checks & Tank Pad In-situ Density Checks
- Earthquake Seismic Risk Assessment & Liquefaction Studies